Monday, September 15, 2008

Gloria Margaret Lenhard (Peggy)


October 3, 1924 - September 15, 1999

Imagine a 61-year-old missing his Mother. This has been a long day.

There are no cell phones to call and hear her voice.

Too many memories of those soft reminders that she had
hoped a letter had come sooner.

Reflections on those final months when she told me
that she loved us more than we
could imagine.

The whispering of the Holy Spirit
that she has accepted
the Temple work
done for her.

9 Years ago this morning
lung cancer ended her mortal life.

Hope you can see this Mom.

I am so thankful for the Gospel and the knowledge that families can be together forever!


2 comments:

Bethanne said...

Wow, it has been that long? Hard to believe...hang in there dad. Family's Are Together Forever. You know it! :)

PS - looks like your blog is coming along nicely!

Amy said...

Beautiful tribute Dad. I sure wish my kids could have met her while she was still here. I will always associate M&M's and Goldfish crackers to her. She was so tiny and I thought it was so cool that I seemed to be her same size growing up. Pretty cool for a grandkid to think!